Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Strawberry coverage (and poll) to come

I got back from another great--but very chilly--Strawberry Festival late yesterday afternoon. The sets from John HIatt, Patty Griffin, and many others were fantastic, but I suspect the overriding memory for many will be the cold nights on the meadow and the Saturday afternoon sleet-storms coinciding with Asleep At the Wheel main stage show and Adrienne Young's workshop performance. The musicians and audience bundled up and sat through it like troupers.

I'll have festival coverage beginning later today with a shorter Best of the Fest poll, some of my photography, and interviews with Patty Larkin (La Guitara) and Adrienne Young. I wonder if Telluride is going to be as cold, and whether I'm going to need a warmer sleeping bag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»