Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Saturday at HSB

Damn, running late again. Rather than post my artist observations from Saturday, here's a quick rundown on my Saturday route and Sunday plan, with comments to come after the festival.

With a late start and heavy traffic getting to the festival, I blew it and missed Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison. Well, we all know you can't see everything at HSB. That's the point of it. Here's what I did see.

Laurie Lewis & The Right Hands--about three songs.
Almost all of the Todd Snider set.
A bit of the Pine Leaf Boys, a new-to-me zydeco outifit.
Austin Lounge Lizards--some of there well-known numbers plus a couple I hadn't heard.
Chatham County Line--very impressive contemporary bluegrass
Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver--4-5 songs
Billy Bragg--first half of the set
Jerry Douglas--a couple of songs
Steve Earle & The Bluegrass Dukes--most of the set.

Here's today's rough plan:
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
T-Bone Burnett (bluegrass set)
Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez
Flyiing Other Bros.
Tim O'Brien
Coward Brothers (Elvis Costello & T-bone Burnett)
Richard Thompson (solo acoustic)
Waybacks with Bob Weir
Emmylou Harris

No comments: