Saturday, February 11, 2006

John Cowan interview

I got a chance to chat with John Cowan after his performance last night. I'll be posting a full article at the Festival Preview web site, but I thought I would pass along this tidbit on the New Grass Revival reunion speculation. I noted that all four members of the band would be performing at Merlefest and at least three of them will be on hand at several other fests. The natural question is whether there is a possibility of a planned or impromtu reunion.

Cowan said that while that is always a possibility, he tamped down any expectations that it would happen. Without going into detail, he said there is "some bad blood" between two of them that made such a reunion unlikely. He said that he was not one of the two, but didn't divulge any more than that. Too bad.

No comments: