Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thinkin' Suwannee Springfest...

A post from Dancin' Dave:

Even though I just got in from a wonderful ski 'round the ol' homestead where the sky was sunny and blue and the air crisp, I'm still thinking about my first festival trip of 2007, to the much warmer but every bit as sunny northern Florida springtime!

The Suwannee Springfest is held at a very cool venue that is made for festivals, and the Springfest is a top-notch festival all the way. Beth and Randy Judy's motto is: "Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way". I like it....

This year's lineup includes Jorma Kaukonen; the Peter Rowan & Tony Rice Quartet; Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks; The Duhks; Donna the Buffalo; Darrell Scott; Jim Lauderdale; Verlon Thompson; Olabelle; Crooked Still; the Joe Craven Duo; Ray Wylie Hubbard; The Infamous Stringdusters; David Gans; the Avett Brothers; Roy Bookbinder; and many others. Sweet!


For those who don't know about it, Dave provides a wonderful camp setup service that's a great solution for anyone traveling long distance to a festival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I will be making my first ever trip to this festival this year. Do you have any advice? I am coming from Wisconsin (Sloppy Joe country), and see the weather is predicted to be in the low 80's. Are mosquitos going to be an issue?