Sunday, May 06, 2007

Chesney closing Stagecoach

The festival is wrapping up with only the Mane stage still going. I just came from a great pure bluegrass set by Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder. It was the only set I sat through beginning to end today, since there were so many great choices on the different stages that I generally saw only half of less of most acts.

Some of the highlights for me: Kris Kristofferson, Marty Stuart, Abigail Washburn, and Skaggs. Garrison Keillor seemed to be doing standard Lake Wobegon material and while humorous didn't make me want to commit. Ramblin' Jack Elliott, an old favorite, was running through his standard material and didn't seem to exploit the cowboy opportunity.

I have more great photos, but just discovered that I failed to bring my camera cable to the festival grounds, so I won't be able to transfer photos till I'm back in the campground, where I probably won't have Internet access. The upshot is that my Sunday photo gallery and additional posts won't be up until Monday sometime. My plan is to get the camp broken down and then find a cyber cafe in Palm Springs before setting out on the nine hour drive home.

Till tomorrow.

No comments: