Thursday, May 10, 2007

Stagecoach breakdowns

As I wrote earlier, most everything at Stagecoach ran like a Swiss clock. But that doesn't mean the festival is problem-free. By far, the biggest problem is the main-stage sound blasting into the other stages. I assume Coachella has the same problem, but in that case every band plays loud so that spillage from another stage may not be noticeable. I don't know if there is any way of reconfiguring the stage layout. If not, this seems to me to be a significant drawback.

The other problem is the flies. Big black houseflies that buzz down on your arm or leg and you brush off. It's not like they are everywhere but definitely enough to be bothersome. I wonder if it is related to the polo ponies who usually are romping on these fields. The outlying areas near the grounds are full of stables. Is that related to Stagecoach's fly problem, and what could be done during festival weeks to reduce the insect population?

No comments: