Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hanging with the Telluride chat group

I got a chance to hang out online last night with some of the Telluride faithful, who are amping up their anticipation for the June 15-18 festival. One thing that struck me was that out of about a dozen chatters, at least five were from out of state. The ringleader online, as he apparently is on-site in the main campground, was Telluride Tom, also referred to as "the mayor of Town Park."

Tom and the others made me feel very welcome (this will be my first year at the Telluride), and they were interested to learn about Festival Preview. Tom also sent me his writeup of his 25 years of experiences at the festival, including the story of how he gained recognition as mayor and recipient of his free lifetime pass. Since the article may appear in the festival program this year, I won't share any more of it here.

Future chats will take place Monday nights until the festival on the Festivarian Forum in Yahoo Groups, usually commencing after Jerry Lunsford's Hippie from Olema radio program has finished streaming at 7:30 MDT.

No comments: