Thursday, July 06, 2006

Winter Park Folk this weekend

When I attended the Folk Alliance conference earlier this year, one of the most active showcase rooms was run by Jami Lunde of Awnry Girl Productions, producer of a house concert series in Hot Sulpher Springs CO. What I didn't know is that Jami also books the artists for the Winter Park Folk Festival, running this Saturday and Sunday in Hideaway Park in the Colorado resort village Winter Park.

This is the third year for the free event they call "the little festival that could," and the lineup is getting pretty impressive, with Shawn Colvin, John Gorka, Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart, The Mammals and Chatham County Line among others. If I were anywhere nearby, I know where I'd be heading this weekend. Of course, I'd also like to be in Winnipeg. Lucky thing that I will be at Grey Fox a week later.

No comments: